Activities Assistant for Attleboro Healthcare
Part Time Activities Assistant, 8:30am-4:30pm includes every other weekend & rotating holidays.
If you have a passion for helping people, for making them feel safe, respected, cared for and listened to, then your next step is with us.
At Next Step Healthcare, we know that working in the healthcare industry is more than just a job – it’s a way of life reserved for the most compassionate, caring, and hard-working individuals. We are privileged to work alongside people who believe, like we do, that locally owned and operated healthcare facilities should go beyond simply “meeting the needs” of its residents.
The Activity Assistant is responsible for providing group and individual activities for the residents. To promote an engaging and joyous atmosphere for the residents.
- Assist the Activity Director in the planning, development, and implementation of activities which enrich the lives of the residents
- Transport residents to and from activities as needed
- Facilitate the activity
- A possible varied work schedule that may include some weekends, evenings, and holidays
- Contributes to an environment that is respectful, team-oriented and responsive to the concerns of co-workers, residents and families
- Participates in quality improvement activities (QAPI) as requested
- Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive Protected Health Information (HIPAA) at all times
- Customer Service Oriented
- Ability to be patient while interacting with challenged or difficult residents
- Knowledge of activity programs developed to engage adult and geriatric residents
- Skill in conducting arts & crafts, music, games and associated activities
- Demonstrates organizational and critical thinking skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently, problem solve and make decisions as necessary
- Ability to create a resident-centered environment
Qualifications: A minimum of a high school education or high school equivalency diploma. (Required). Prior experience in the long-term care environment (Preferred).
- Effective Communication
- Team Player
Benefits include but not limited to:
- Paid time off (vacation, sick, holiday)
- Medical through BCBS
- Life Insurance
Next Step Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace for all employees. At the core of our business, we aim to support, inspire and empower all of our employees so that we can offer the best care to our residents. In order to provide the best care, we must provide the best work environment, and that starts with a diverse staff. Next Step Healthcare does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.